Friday, February 3, 2012

Valentine's Day Graham Cracker House

This is a bit non-traditional, but Miss K has been begging me to make a gingerbread house.  I hate gingerbread, and I didn't want to spend time making it so I kept trying to distract her with other things.  Today, I finally gave in.  Only I didn't make gingerbread.  I used (and this is a little embarrasing) old stale graham crackers, left over icing from Christmas, jelly beans from last from last Easter, and conversation hearts....  from last Valentine's day!  heh heh.  Now you all probably think I never clean out my cabinets.  And I guess you would be right.

Turned out kind of cute!
Miss K got her gingerbread house fix with minimal work on my end, which is much needed with the lack of sleep around this place.  Maybe she won't bug me about it again until next Christmas!  And after today's project, there won't be any year old candy laying around!

No comments:

Post a Comment