Friday, January 27, 2012

Valentine Wreath

I guess it is time to take down the Christmas swag I made back in November.  I made it using the branches we cut off our Christmas tree.

I used cinnamon scented pine cones so everytime I opened the door it smelled like Christmas.  I'm sad to see it go, but it's almost February, so it's probably time.

Today I made a Valentine's day wreath to replace it.  I took forever!   I gleaned some inspiration from a few wreaths I saw on Pinterest here and here.

 I really wanted to do a heart shape but I only had a round foam wreath form I picked up at a garage sale.  I also had a few yards of some cream satin.  I don't even know what I was originally going to do with it, but it worked great for this project.

  

First off, I cut my strips of fabric.  And, no, I didn't measure the width.  I just used the ruler to cut a straight line.  I craft about the same way I follow a recipe...



 Then I folded and glued the strips of fabric into rose shapes.  Again, not following any real method.  Then I glued a thousand of them onto the wreath mold.  Well, maybe, not quite a thousand, but it took a lot more than I anticipated.
  

Here it is finished.  I'm not super excited about how it turned out, but I would say it was a success as I went through several sticks of hot glue and didn't burn myself even once!



No comments:

Post a Comment