Monday, January 30, 2012

Sometimes vanilla smells good

but sometimes it is nauseating sweet.  The latter would be the scent of vanilla I bought from Sweet Cakes.  I bought the variety of vanilla that is "most popular".  Apparently a lot of people like their vanilla very sweet.  Personally, I like my vanilla a little earthy and muted. 

Today I tried my own concoction of ingredients to make some lotion.  I used equal parts of coconut oil, beeswax, and olive oil.

 Mixed it up in my trusty pyrex and microwaved it.


I also added some vitamin E. 


All was turning out very well...  until I added my new vanilla fragrance.  I opened the bottle and took a whiff, and it was pretty strong so I didn't add very much.  But as I was stirring the lotion, the smell became more and more nauseating.  :( 


I'm not sure if I will be able to stomach using this batch of lotion.  And I am pretty sure I won't be using this particular scent of vanilla.  Anyone want a bottle of nauseatingly sweet vanilla fragrance?  Free for the taking.  Anyone... ?

In other news, I have a variety of projects to show you in the next few days that I have been working on  over the past week.  Here is a sneak peak:

No comments:

Post a Comment